Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I'm ready for my close up Mr. DeMille!

Hey Things Knot Broken Lovers!
"I'm ready for my close up Mr. DeMille..." That quote is from one of my all time favorite movies, Sunset Boulevard (1950!) starring Gloria Swanson. If you haven't seen it I recommend it. Anyway, finally my camera (with memory card) and handmade camera case are complete. [Round of applause] It was my first attempt at macramé versus micro-macramé and I did well! I had one hang up with the measurements of the strap and had to start over half way in but it wasn't too tough un-knotting and re-knotting since I used 3mm cord vs. .5-1mm in micro-macramé. This pattern can also be for a cell phone case. I wouldn't mind making more of these. I would love to get some color cord to make some bright orange and electric blue cases.





Also I will be meeting with Erin, my photog to re-shoot some of my pieces later today. The pictures must do my jewelry justice because the details are so intricate and the designs always unique, and Erin helps ensure that. Love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment